I quickly migrated over my site today to a new Domains provider (Google Domains) and a new Centos07 box.
A few items to note:
1) Transferring domains from 1and1 — IS A PAIN. It takes 4+ days to get from one register to another.
2) Once getting on the Google Domains platform — I was easily able to update my A & CName records (within minutes). Everything propagated appropriately.
3) Getting WordPress set up on Centos 7 is easy as always…
4) Migrating data was simple –> mysql dump and mysql import, followed by some quick updates against permalink…almost complete.
5) Major issue: ran into 404’s for my posts…found that when I installed HTTPD, that I didn’t fully configure the /var/www/html folder to have the appropriate overrides, the ability to read .htaccess. So I edited /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and added the following overrides to the config. And simply restarted the service — woot, 404’s resolved.
Allow from all
6) Installed Memcached for WordPress — performance increase, page rendering is overall faster.